The storm on Sunday night blew off a large patch of the roofing felt on my log cabin observatory in Lichfield. I am very grateful to the help of Damian and Rhys last night, as we struggled against the wind to put a temporary covering over the cabin. This involved cutting down a tarpaulin from Screwfix to appropriate size in the dark and wobbling about on a step-ladder as we tacked it on. We discovered that the underside was a better colour so we installed it upside-down!
Now I need to buy some proper roofing felt and do it properly……
NB Double doors are to allow the 16″ Dobsonian on its castors to be rolled out onto the lawn.
Log cabin with new temporary roof:
Next post in this series: