Solar image processing experiments 4/11/2016

From Roger Samworth


Based on images from 4/11/2016


At about the same time that I captured the solar image that I posted yesterday, I also captured some without the barlow. With the Lunt + the Mikrocular, I can’t quite get the full disc in 1 image. I therefore took 2 images.

I have now discovered that Microsoft’s “Image Composite Editor” will do a pretty good job of stitching together solar images.

I also took a 3rd image exposed for the prominences, and added that in in GIMP.

The result is attached.



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.