Re-processing my Horsehead and Flame Nebula from 9/1/2021

I have further processed this data to see how much detail I could bring out.

The issue is that really bright star – when I used curves to bring out detail then the star became extremely bright and adversely effected the rest of the image. So, I addressed it by creating 2 copies of image, masking the star in one and other bright stars in image. I then increased curves on that image to bring out detail and the mask stopped star blowing out.

Andy

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.