Got around to making the closeup of the “Headphone” nebula last night.
After making a great effort to focus, get the PHD to work and eventually finding the planetary, I started imaging at 10.45pm. Above is the first result of 12x 5 minute subs. I tried stacking in DSS but it wouldn’t have it as it said there were too few stars! So I moved to Maxim DL where I auto aligned and stacked. This is the result. Extremely disappointed. As before, I have the star drift problem. In the past I have blamed this on: Poor Polar alignment, Focus, Reflection off the Spider, PHD not being very accurate.
Then I noticed that none of the subs seemed to have any drift. So I went back into Maxim DL and MANUALLY aligned all 12 subs. I then stacked these and the result is:
It would appear that the auto stack in both DSS and Maxim DL has been the problem all along.
I have taken more subs on this so will go back and add them then process using MANUAL align.