With Neil Wyatt’s help, I have managed to take my first photograph of Mars – I am very excited!
- ZWO ASI174MM camera
- Sky Watcher Equinox Pro 100mm OTA
- HEQ5 Pro mount
- I used Pole Master to polar align.
- I learnt that SharpCap to take the photos – I discovered this is better than FireCapture & ASICapture.
- The image on SharpCap needs to be quite bright – so change settings so histogram about 75% – initially I took video which wasn’t so bright & then AutoStakkert would not recognise the planet.
- I also need to use 5x Barlow to reasonable image scale.
- To focus – need to focus on star first as difficult to focus on planet.