I had been waiting to get a night to take new data on this but time was running out , so I re-processed data from November 2019. Since I took this data I’ve found that DSS doesn’t stack it properly so I have re-stacked it manually and tinkered with it in Photoshop to come up with this.
You can see the star that is causing the nebula at dead centre. This was taken using RGB filters only, 1 hour each in 4 minute subs.
Then along came a clear night (finally). So rather than redo the image in RGB, I did it in Ha, O3, S2. Again 1 hour each but in 5 minute subs.
Stacked manually again and really processed hard to bring out the outer ring of blue.
For both images I used the RC 6 inch telescope with the Atik 314L+.