I managed to submit 110 minutes of Ha data for the Pelican Nebula to the HYS-CAPS (Hunting Out Young Stars) project. It was quite an adventure working out how to extract the red layer from my DSLR data to make an unstretched greyscale image and save it as a FITS image with the right header data!
I won’t upload the submitted image as being unstretched it is deeply underwhelming!
Instead, here is a processed version of the data. At some point I will try and combine this with the best of my RGB images. The target star is towards the top right hand corner:
Last night I got a similar amount of Ha data for the area around Sadr in the heart of Cygnus. Following some pretty detailed advice on the Stargazer’s Lounge forum I managed this combination with my RGB image from 4 August: