After my initial successes, tonight was a total disaster.
My HEQ5 Pro refused to align properly – even though it said it had successful alignment it sent the scope all over the sky when I did a GOTO. I ended up factory resetting it and this improved things…..but not enough to find Andromeda Galaxy or M81/M82 with GOTO. Ended up manually star-hopping to them.
My Sky Watcher Equinox Pro focuser slips too much – to such an extent that it keeps losing focus. I will need to ask Lee to look at it. I ended up giving up on it and changing to my Sky Watcher DS Pro 72mm.
This meant I had to re-focus the scope – my one success tonight was the first successful use of a Bahtinov Mask.
However this means that the TS Flip Mirror/OAG won’t obtain focus in both camera and eyepiece at same time – I need a shorter adapter TS Flip mirror to scope to create more back focus behind it. So tonight I used the scope with the finder eyepiece out of focus. Camera was in focus though.
Once I got all working and found M31 and was ready to image, suddenly the QHY10 was no longer recognised by Nebulosity and refused to reconnect even after switching everything off and on. It had been working all night.
Then clouds rolled in and stopped play.