Orion 10 inch Dobsonian on Equatorial Platform, and my imaging setup.
As found tonight, using William Optics acrylic Bahtinov mask.
Note the t2-extension tubes required to make the Tele Vue 14mm Radian eyepiece in the finder port of the TS-Optics OAG/flip mirror par-focal with the camera. This number of extension tubes means the eyepiece has to be pulled out slightly but when I tried next size up on one of extension tubes then eyepiece could not obtain par-focality.
Processed version of my B&W photo M42 Orion Nebula from 4/1/2020 – lights and darks – I didn’t have any flats to hand.
This image has been taken with ca. 30 light frames only 5 secs long, showing how much more sensitive the Altair 183M mono camera is than my QHY10 one shot colour camera!
This post follows on from previous post below:
I have taken my first ever image of M42 tonight – using my new 183M camera
Due to problems with balance of the cameras on the scope I was limited to 20 sec exposures tonight (I just replaced QHY10 with 183M which did not work re: balance!)
So this is a stretched single frame without calibration frames.
Note that data from multiple sub-frames for above image was processed and published on this blog on 8/1/2020 – to view, click below: