Well, it might be if it all focuses – I am a Dobsonian user at heart and still can’t get out of my system then need to have lots of finder scopes.
This picture shows the scopes on Altair alt-az mount but in practice will be on either HEQ5 or EQ6.
Better outcome that my previous attempts. Also multiple small galaxies indentified by comparison with a better widefield image (not mine) – overlaid below – my apologies that stars don’t quite match
Damian’s version my M101 from 240819 on 080919 overlaid with better widefield M101 picture, showing multiple small galaxies, many of which are evident also in image above (due to poor alignment many stars appear twice close to each other):
Two layers of Cuprinol later (left over from my wife’s fence painting project earlier in the year), the new mobile wooden HEQ5/EQ6 will be ready for vanishing with yacht varnish once it dries – and with high humidity levels at present and low temperatures I think it might take a few days before it properly dries out from the water based Cuprinol. That’s the price you pay for using left over stuff!
35mm T2 spacers between QHY10 and field flattener as recommended in TRF-2008 manual.
Focused on stars in Perseus.
Nebulosity 4 software.
Photos below show focus point on Sky Watcher Equinox 80mm focus barrel for this set-up.
I added my Tele Vue TRF-2008 Reducer-flattener into the imaging train for my QHY10 camera on my Sky Watcher Equinox Pro 80mm telescope today. As first step, I decided to try focusing it during the day. This needed me to reduce the aperture by 70% with aperture mask as well using minimum 1/10000 second exposure setting in Nebulosity 4 for the camera and also aim as the darkest part of the daytime garden.
Following image shows bottom garden in focus with QHY10 only attached to telescope:
In the following image, I added in my Tele Vue TRF-2008 Reducer-flattener and TS Optics off axis guider/flip mirror together into the imaging train – as you can see I could not obtain focus even when the focuser was fully racked in as far as it would go (needed to go in not out – could see focus improve as I did so):
Finally, in this image, you can see that I obtained focus with the Tele Vue TRF-2008 Reducer-flattener and QHY10 but without the TS Optics off axis guider/flip mirror, so sadly I won’t be able to use the TS OAG/FM with the TRF-2008 and my QHY10:
Focus was achieved at the end of the garden with QHY10 and Tele Vue TRF-2008 Reducer-flattener with a setting of 17mm on the focus tube of the Equinox 80mm OTA. Note 35mm of T2-adapters were used as spacer between the TRF-2008 and QHY10 as advised in the TRF-2008 manual.
Next step is to try focusing at night and find alternative way of finding my objects than the TS OAG/FM as I am keen to use the TRF-2008.
Next step is staining and vanishing my new base – all a question of preparation like everything in life!
A chance to use up that spare Cuprinol fence coating!
The next step for my new mobile base for my HEQ5/EQ6 mount was to fill any holes in plywood spaces between strips wood left when we put it together and sand it down – photo below from part way through thus process.